TIM ORAM’S BIG BAND CHARTS
* Doxy- (Sonny Rollins) Features Piccolo and Bass Trombone on the melody.Solos for Tenor and Piano. Level - Medium
* R.O.C. BLUES.- (Tim Oram) Fast swing.This is a feature for two Tenors. Level - Very Hard
* GYPSY- (Incognito) Latin Funk. Flute and Tenor solos. Level - Hard
* That’s Sergeant Biff To You – (Tim Oram) Latin Funk. Features Baritone Sax.Solos for Tenor and guitar (can be piano solo) Level - Medium
* A Cheeky Blues – (Tim Oram) Medium Shuffle.Features a band break.Solos for Alto Sax and piano. Level - Medium
* Another Star – (Stevie Wonder) Latin Funk.This chart is a Trumpet feature in the style of Maynard Ferguson. Can also be played as a vocal feature. Level - Hard
* A Sack Full of Webb’s – (Tim Oram) Medium to Up Tempo shuffle.Solos for Guitar and Alto Sax (Guitar solo can be played by the piano) Features two horn breaks between solos. Level - Hard
* Shoint – (Tim Oram) Latin/Swing.This piece is in the style of the Brecker Brothers.The melody and chords are quite angular.Solos for Trumpet and Tenor sax. Level - Hard
* Hamps Boogie Woogie – (Lionel Hampton) Medium to up tempo swing/shuffle.Open solo space on a blues chord progression. Level - Medium
*I Was Made For Lovin’ You – (Kiss) This rock classic has been arranged as a ballad and features the flugelhorn and Tenor sax. Level - Medium
* When The War Is Over – (Cold Chisel) This Cold chisel hit has been arranged as a Trombone feature.It also has a solo for Guitar as played by Ian Moss. Level - Medium
*Wives and Lovers – (Burt Bacharach) This is an up tempo arrangement of this classic song.It features solos from the Trumpet,tenor sax and drums. Level - Hard
*Headin’In the Right Direction – (Renee Geyer) This pop ballad has been arranged as a Trombone feature. Level - Medium
*Childs Anthem – (Toto) Rock shuffle.This is a guitar feature with pop horn lines to accompany the guitar. Level - Medium
*Snakes – (Bob Berg) Up Tempo Latin.This arrangement of the Bob Berg composition features the Soprano and Tenor Sax’s on the melody. A drum and horns breakdown section.Solos for Tenor sax and Trumpet. Level - Very Hard
*All is fair in love – (Stevie Wonder) This classic ballad is arranged as an Alto Sax feature. Level - Medium
*The Girl from Ipanema – (Jobim) This latin classic features the Flugelhorn on the melody.Solos for Flute and Flugelhorn.Also features a pretty horn soli section.Saxes double on Woodwinds. Level - Medium
*I Shot the Sheriff – (Bob Marley) Reggae/Swing. This arrangement features the trombone on the melody.Solos for Alto sax and Trombone. Level - Hard
*Don’t Loose Your Cool – (Albert Collins) Blues Shuffle. This arrangement is a shuffle featuring the guitar and horns.
Level - Easy
*Could You Be Loved – (Bob Marley) Pop/reggae. This chart features the Trumpet and woodwinds on a pop style version of this Marley classic. Harmon mute Trumpet solo. Level - Medium
*Port of Rico – (Illinois Jaquet) Medium Blues. A chart that features the Tenor Sax. A straight ahead blues, easy to play.
Level - Medium
* Just Muckin’ Around – (Tim Oram) This original piece in ¾ is a medium tempo work featuring flute and Soprano sax.Solos for Flute and Guitar (guitar solo can be played by the piano) Level - Medium
*Bad Reed Blues – (Tim Oram) Medium Blues in the Basie style. This original features the piano at the start then the trombones and saxes play the melody. Solos for trumpet and piano. Level - Easy
*Dahomey Dance – (John Coltrane) Medium Shuffle.This chart has an open solo section for anyone to blow on. Level - Easy
* Yeah – (Tom Scott) This pop piece by Tom Scott features the band. The tenor sax is also featured. Level -Easy
* One Mint Julep – (Ray Charles) This straight ahead piece features the organ and band. Level - Medium
* Flat Out – (Tim Oram) Fast Latin/Rock features Guitar(or keys) and Tenor. Level - Hard
* Monmouth College Fight Song (Russell Ferrante) Big Guitar Feature. Level - Hard
* Feelin’ Too Good- (Tim Oram) Medium Swing-easy chord changes for solos. Level - Easy
* Salad Sambawich-(Tim Oram) Lively Samba. Solo space. Level - Medium
* St. Thomas’ Waltz (Tim Oram) An adaptation of Sonny Rollins’ St. Thomas. Solos for Trumpet and Trombone with a great shout chorus. Level - Very Hard
* A Bossa For You- (Tim Oram) A pretty Bossa featuring the Flugelhorn. Level - Medium
* The Nearness of You- (Ned Washington) A tenor sax feature. Starts as ballad then double time for solo then back to ballad tempo. Level - Medium
* If Only-(Tim Oram) ¾ swing featuring Alto and piano solos. Level - Medium
* I Can’t Stop Lovin’ You - (Don Gibson) Laid back swing tempo. Great shout Choruses. Level - Medium
*Adagio for Strings - (Samuel Barber) Re-orchestrated from the original score for jazz orchestra. Using woodwinds, flugelhorns and trombones. No rhythm section. Level - Hard
*Afternoon In Paris - (John Lewis) Solos for tenor sax and piano. Level - Medium
*Bluesette - (Toots Thielemans) Solos for tenor, piano and trumpet. Level - Medium
*Guataca City - (Paquito D'Rivera) Latin/Funk. Solos for alto sax, piano or guitar. Level - Hard
*Happy Birthday - (Traditional arr. Tim Oram) Short version with interesting harmonies. Level - Easy
*Jupiter, the Bringer of Swing - (Holst) This arrangement for big band uses many of the main themes from Holst's original score for orchestra. Solos for alto sax and trombone with several drum breaks. Level - Very Hard
*Little Sunflower - (Wayne Shorter) Solos for flugelhorn and tenor sax. Level - Medium
*Roxanne - (Sting) Features alto sax in a pop style. Level - Medium
*Tales From The Pit - (Tim Oram) Medium/Fast Blues. Solos for alto sax, trumpet, trombone, drums and a sax soli.
Level - Medium
*The Jive Samba - (Nat Adderley) A bossa with solos for alto sax and trumpet. Level - Easy/Medium
*The Kid From Kent - (Tim Oram) An easy chart utilising a train shuffle feel. Written solos for alto sax, trumpet, trombone and piano. Plus a section where they can play together. Level - Easy
*Too Funky for the Colonel - (Tim Oram) Medium shuffle. Solos for tenor, trumpet with a sax soli. Level - Medium
*You Are My Sunshine - Arranged in a New Orleans style. Solos for tenor sax, trombone, trumpet. Level - Easy/Medium
*Love Me Do (The Beatles) - Solo for trombone
*Misty (Alto feature) - As arranged for Mark Taylor. Level - Medium
*Snakes (Bob Berg) - Up Tempo Latin. This arrangement of the Bob Berg composition features the soprano and tenor saxes on the melody. A drum and horns breakdown section. Solos for tenor sax and trumpet. Level - Very Hard
*You Don't Know What Love Is - Ballad - Trumpet feature as arranged for Derek Watkins.
*Saturday In The Park – (Chicago) This hit for Chicago is arranged for Female vocal. Key of Eb.
*The Game of Love – (Santana) Santana’s most recent hit has been arranged for big band.It is written for Female vocal. Key of Emin. This arrangement goes into a double time latin feel for the guitar to solo on.
* Unchained Melody – (Righteous Brothers) Originally arranged for Doug Parkinson this classic works well with big band accompaniment. Male vocal. Key of Bb.
*One Man Woman – (Quincy Jones) This piece was originally performed by Chaka Khan. It has been arranged for female vocal and big band. Key of Bb.( sax’s double on flute)
*The Thrill is Gone – (B.B.King) This blues classic is written in a rock style.Trumpet answers the vocal in sections.Female vocal.Key of C.
*What Cha’ Gonna Do For Me – (Chaka Khan) This Chaka Khan classic is arranged for Female vocal and big band. Key of Eb.
* Let The Good Times Roll – (Louis Jordan) Classic big band vocal piece. As sung by Ray Charles. Features an open Tenor sax solo. Male vocal.Key of F and G.
* Eleanor Rigby – ( Beatles) Written in a pop style this version was originally recorded by Ray Charles and has been arranged for big band.Male vocal.Key of G.
* Come Rain Or Come Shine (Ray Charles) This classic ballad as recorded by Ray Charles was originally recorded with strings but has been arranged for big band. Male vocal can sung by Female vocal. Key of F. Male vocal key of C
*I Got A Woman (Ray Charles) Classic Ray Charles number arranged for big band and Male vocal. Key of G.
*What I Say (Ray Charles) Boogaloo feel arranged for big band and male vocal. Key of D.
*I’m Gonna Move To The Outskirts of Town – (Ray Charles) Very slow blues. Features big horn parts. Male vocal. Key of Bb.
*Them That Got (Ray Charles) Medium swing. Features a trumpet solo.Male vocal. Key of D.
*I Don’t Worry ‘Bout A Thing (Mose Allison) Medium Shuffle. Trombone solo. Male vocal. Several keys available
* Me and Mrs Jones (Billy Paul) Slow 12/8 feel.Male vocal. Key of Eb.
* Georgia (Ray Charles) This great tune made popular by Ray Charles has been arranged for male vocal and big band.Several keys available.
* Unchain My Heart (Ray Charles) This Ray Charles classic has been arranged for big band and male vocal. Key of Amin.
* I Can See Clearly Now (Ray Charles) As recorded by Ray.Arranged for big band and male vocal. Several keys available.
* On Broadway (George Benson) Medium Shuffle. Arranged for big band and male vocal.Key of F-G. Piano solo.
* Eggplant - (Michael Franks) Medium swing from the art of tea album. Key of C. Can be sung by Female vocal. Key of F
*Moon River - (Henry Mancini) Medium Waltz tempo Male Vocal Key of C
* I Just Wanna Make Love To You - Lou Rawls version key of Eb
* Can’t Buy Me Love (Beatles)- Swinging version Key of F
* Busted (Harlan Howard)- As per Ray Charles version. Several keys available.
* Can’t Do It Alone (From Chicago-The Musical)- Several keys available.
* Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)- Michael Buble's version. Several keys available.
* Drown In My Own Tears (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* Hit The Road Jack (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* I'm Movin' On (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* I Don't Need No Doctor (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* I Saw Her Standing There (Beatles) - Medium shuffle. Several keys available.
* It Should've Been Me (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* Jumpin' In The Morning (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* Moon River (Henry Mancini)- Medium waltz tempo. Male vocal. Key of C.
* Night Tim Is The Right Time (perf. Ray Charles)- Several keys available.
* Straighten Up And Fly Right (Nat King Cole)- Originally arranged for Australian Idol 1. Several keys available.
* Sunny (Bobby Hebb)- Female vocal. Currently performed by Australian Army Band, Melbourne (Aus) and Victorian Police Band (Aus)
* Heartache Tonight (perf. Michael Buble) key of Eb
* Killer Queen (Queen) as arranged for Ahmad Dhani - key of A min
* Lovely Day (Bill Withers) Key of F - Saxes double of flute (except Bari)
* Papa Love Mambo As performed by Nat Cole - Key of C
* Roxanne (Sting) - As performed by George Michael - Key of B min
* The Best Is Yet To Come - As performed by Frank Sinatra - Key of Ab
* Underneath The Apple Tree (Michael Franks) - as performed by Ahmad Dhani - Tenor sax solo
* You'll Never Find As performed by Lou Rawls - key of Eb
* You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You As performed by Dean Martin - key of F